Thursday, January 3, 2013

Freaked by steels no more!

Okay, so I finally steeked that sweater I made last year. I just could not exit 2012 without having done so. On Dec. 31, 2012, I steeked my first sweater! I was dizzy, nauseous, hot, and scared poopless. I must confess to having a shot of limoncello to calm my nerves. Well, here are the photos:

Here is the crocheted steek. This was easy. It came out well might I add!

 
Then it was time to cut! Wow, I am hot and dizzy thinking about it now even. See the shot next to the sweater? I wolfed that down and got to cutting!

 

 

At this point, I had to lay down on the sofa. It was so surreal. But, I did it, and I did not feel as bad as I thought I would. I started to feel powerful....in control of my knitting. The knitting no longer controlled me! I was the mistress of the wool!

 

See! Finished and I wore it out that night! Happy New Year to me....and to all of you also! In 2013 let's all take control of our knitting and have fun in the process.

 

1 comment: