Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snowed In! Time to Knit!



Hello from snowy Park Forest. I have been snowed in for two days with two kids, one husband, and a dog. Whew! Believe it or not, they have left me alone to knit. Well, I have gotten a lot done since my last post, so, lets get to the show and tell:



I knit the fingerless mitts Fetching from Knitty.com. However, if you look closely, I had to name these two differently. The one on top is "Throwing", and the one on the bottom is "Fetching". Why you ask? Well, on "Throwing", I did a K2, P2 from the cable needle instead of a K2, K2. The result was not horrible, but, a shorter cable group....I think.

My handspun coopworth yarn went from this lovely ball....



To this lovely cowl! Yeah me!



I also finished a bear for the Mother Bear Project. It is being organized by Dr. Gemma of the CogKnitive Podcast. The bears are sent to children in Africa and Haiti who have lost parents to AIDS or are infected with the disease themselves. I hope my bear makes a child very happy! Here he is!




Don't get excited. I did all of this over a number of days, including Holiday Break. I just had not posted them yet.

Now, the big news... I am working on my first pair of socks. This has been the big "snow day" knitting project. Yes, I said it, a pair of socks. Now, I did not EVER want to knit socks. I like sock yarn, but it is toooooooooooo thin! I am a bulky yarn gal myself. Every blog that I visit boasts of lovely handknit socks so wonderful and better than store bought. So, I decided to try it. I tried it with sock yarn. Those socks are in the trash. Really, I threw them out! They made me nuts! That skinny yarn, and tiny needles. Ugh! What to do? Knit house socks in worsted yarn! Much better, and going much faster. I am already on the decreases for the second sock! I started these on Tuesday night. It is now Thursday afternoon. I can now join the ranks of sock knitters all around the world. Ha!



Well, I cannot think of anything else. I have to go back to work tomorrow, so, I must sign off. I will write again next month. Until then, Happy Valentine's Day, Happy President's Day, and Happy Black History Month!

No comments:

Post a Comment