Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy Knit Year

Hello and Happy Knit Year! I have been blessed enough to make it to 2011 and I have some yarn to follow me too.

Knitting?
Where do I start? Well, the holidays were BUSY around here. I hosted Christmas Eve for my side of the family, and it was great. The food, decorations, everything was great. I also gave some knitted goodness for gifts. Look and see:



Here is my mom with her Rasta Cowl made from Malabrigo Rasta. She was thrilled to get some knitted goodness. She is now shopping for things to go with it! Holla!



Here is my mother-in-law with her MeMe Sweater 2.0. She was happy with her gift. Is the first MeMe Sweater gone forever? Hmmmmm, I don't know. I will work on it here and there and see what happens. Anywho, doesn't she look good in it? I told her to wear it with long sleeves to give her added warmth. Yeah Me!



Here is Bo! She is my father-in-law's wife and she was so not expecting a wrap for her gift. I will call this wrap The Leaf Wrap. It was an accident actually. My Modern Garden Cardi was too long, and so I cut it. I still don't like how it turned out, but, I had this long strip of knitting left over. What to do with it? A wrap of course. Wow, see what happens from mistakes in knitting? Creation people, creation. Bo was also happy with her knitted goodness. She said that the wrap was perfect for the lab/office where she works. It will keep her warm.




Finally, here is my big sister Barbara. She hounded a sista ALL YEAR LONG for a pair of slippers. Constantly nagging, "Where are my slippers? You have enough yarn, so get to knitting!" Well, needless to say, she was satisfied, and magically, the nagging has stopped. Are those angels I hear?

Okay, so all that knitting for the holidays is over. What am I working on now? Not much. I am working on some dish cloths from a Barbara Walker stitch pattern from Piecework Mag, hopefully a sweater for me, and who knows what else. My knitting resolution for the new year was to just knit and have fun. Not to worry if 20 rows later, I find out that I made a yarnover when I didn't want to, or if there is a knit where a purl should be. I am knitting for me...for fun. Not for perfection...just for me. Just for fun! The knitting police are not coming to my house to drag me off to federal prison where I will be forced to knit perfect rows as punishment. No knitted house arrest bracelets for me just because I knitted what made me happy with a mistake in it!

I will also try to hit a few new fiber festivals if I can, along with the usual ones too. As for stash. Well, I will try to be as good as I can and not overwhelm the house with yarn, or to break our bank. I am usually pretty good with this yarn control thing. Really!

Reading?
I just got the Winter 2011 issue of Vogue Knitting. It is like a throwback to vintage styles and the designs are beautiful. As usual, I am unsure if I will knit any of these patterns. However, I love to look at them and be inspired.

HO, HO, HO!!!!! Under the tree!
Well, Santa left me a few goodies. I got a leather lighted case for my Kindle, a new LG Optimus T Android phone, and I also got a Namaste Monroe bag too. In Peacock no less. Oh, I also got the best gift of all time....time with my family. Priceless!

Well, I guess that is it. I will be back at work on Monday, and I will write a new entry before the end of the month as usual. Thank you for reading and Happy Knit Year!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like & looks like everyone had a wonderful holiday!! I still need to work on photos myself. :)
    Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete