Sunday, July 18, 2010

My First Sweater/Midwest Fiber & Folk Art Fair

Hello. So, I realize that I have not fallen off of my bike. In the Tour, there is a category for knitting. I cannot remember the name of the category, but, I fit it. Why? Because I finished my Modern Garden Cardi that's why. MY VERY FIRST SWEATER!!!! Now, I like my sweaters to sometimes fit long, and cover me up to keep me warm. Well, that is just what happened with this one. Remember, when I knit, it is not for perfection. If it fits and I have a flaw or two, who cares! I just knit a whole sweater. Here it is:





I am also now attending a knitting group at the Richton Park Library on Wednesday nights, twice a month. I am so happy to have a group to attend. Yeah me!!!

Now, along with this, I went to the Midwest Fiber and Folk Art Fair up in Grayslake at the Lake County Fairgrounds. WAY FUN!!! I spent money (of course), and met some wonderful ladies from the Windy City Knitting Guild. I want so much to join the Guild, so, I will try my best to make it to the meeting on Tuesday. They meet up on the North Side once a month. I know I can get there, I will just need babysitters for the little people. It was nice to meet some other knitters. I also met a cute little fella there too. No, I still love my husband. This little fella had 4 legs, and a body full of luxurious hair, just waiting to be sheared and shared. Here he is:





I sent a picture of him to my husband jokingly saying that I had bought him. My husband texted back that he was moving. Some people are so touchy and not into the fiber jokes. Any-hoo, I am still spinning for the Tour, and will spin the new 100% bamboo that I got as my challenge on the 22nd. Well, I guess that is it for now. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment