Monday, April 19, 2010

Fiber Fest!!




Hello! Welcome to the Nappy Ewe. I am glad that you are back again. I have a bit to tell you about the past couple of weeks, so here we go.....

Podcasts
This past week I listened to Alana's Never Not Knitting. She has an interview with Kristen Nicholas, and dicusses Kristen's new book on color work. There is a new contest to win the book, and a bag of yarn from Kristen's new line!!!

I also began listening to Webs, the podcast from the Webs Store (aka: yarn.com). The discussion included a run down of what was on sale during their anniversay sale (still going on), and an interview with the head of XRX. XRX handles Knitter's magazine and ALL of the Stitches Conferences. Worth a listen.


On my needles
I have begun working on a Multnomah Shawl. I am knitting it in Socks That Rock, colorway Cock-Eyed. It was a very gracious gift from a shop owner. I am also working on the Morning Frost Wrap from Debbie Stoller's Stitch Nation Yarn Booklet
#1. I am knitting the wrap in Sea Foam from Red Heart Softee. Yes, I said Red Heart, and yes, it is 100% acrylic!!! It is so soft, and easy to work with. Hey, I am no yarn snob, but, that is a topic for another blog!!!I am excited about both projects, and I look forward to their completion.

What am I reading now?
I just got the new issue of Yarn Forward, May 2010. I know, they are $10.99 a pop, but they are sooooooo worth it. The pattens are goregous. I hope to make a decision as to what to knit from this issue soon. I just cannot decide. Pray for me, that I will receive guidance. This issue includes an article about podcasts, and it has an interview with Kelley Petkun of KnitPicks! She talks about podcasting, and how the KnitPicks podcast has bloomed. I am also reading Dirty Sexy Knitting by Christie Ridgeway. What can I say? Knitting, sex, a yarn shop in Malibu, and lots of yarn. There are other things in the book too, but, these are the things that stood out so far. HA!

Knitting Events
I went to the First Beverly Fiber Festival on April 11th. Photos of my finds are above. It was wonderful! Not to big, not to small, just right for Mama Bear. I bought a drop spendle kit from Cloudlover, and I received a hank of Socks that Rock from Toni of The Fold out in Marengo, IL. She was so nice, and I really appreciated her kindness. I will have to take a trip out to Marengo to visit The Fold and get a few things. Road trip!!! I hope to soon register for Stitches Midwest coming up in August. I am looking forward to this event. I will take a class and browse the marketplace looking for fiber deals.

Okay, I guess that is it. I will be back next week with more info and updates. If you like this blog, let me know. Please leave a comment, and let me know what you would like to see here. I have a few ideas of what to write, but, hearing from those who read the blog is also helpful. God Bless, and KEEP KNITTING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment